What is a vegetarian?
A vegetarian is a person who does not eat meat or meat products. The Vegetarian Society defines a vegetarian as: “Someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish* or by-products of slaughter.” Meats include things such as chicken, fish, pork etc. As I was once told “if it has a mother, then don’t eat it.” A lot of vegetarians do eat animal by-products. These items are by-products of an animal but not the animal its self such as milk, cheese, eggs and honey.
- My Favorite Healthy and Inspiring Documentaries
- Just Alex | Meal Prep Tips for Vegetarians
- Just Alex | Vegetarian Challenge Food Guide
- Eating Well | Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Health.Com | 21 Ways to Increase Veggie Intake
- Food Heaven Made Easy | Great Vegetarian Recipes For Any Occasion
- Whole foods | Vegetarian cooking classes and meal ideas at your local WF store or private
- Black Vegetarian Society | Texas , Georgia
- Meatless Mondays | Meatless Mondays Favorite Recipes
- Just Alex | 10 Minute Healthy Vegan Pizza
- Simple Green Smoothies | Simple Green Smoothies Recipes
- Just Alex | BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS FOR HAIR, SKIN AND BODY
30 Day Vegetarian Challenge
Don’t forget to signup for my email list to download my one-day vegetarian meal plan for beginners or check out the 30 day vegetarian challenge.