I am slightly obsessed with tomatillos. Yes. Tomatillos, those small “green” tomatoes you often overlook because they look weird. The past few weeks, I have been using them in everything from salsa to salads just to switch things up. After a bit of research, I learned tomatillos are also great for overall health and can lead to healthy hair.
Benefits of Tomatillos for Healthy Hair & Body
These small tomatoes are filled with minerals such as magnesium, copper, and potassium. They also contain a substantial amount of vitamin C and K and fiber. According to Organic Facts, “Tomatillos contain unique antioxidant phytochemicals called withanolides, which have been directly linked to anti-cancer and antibacterial functions.” Tomatillos are great for eye health, weight-loss and even boost the health of your immune system, which is all ideal for healthy hair from the inside out.
Lazy & Easy Tomatillos Salsa
- 2 handfuls of tomatillos
- 5 grape tomatoes or 1 small red tomato
- 1/3 stalk of cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of black pepper
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until desired consistency.
Once you made this salsa, add it to this quick and easy vegetarian rice bowl. I am obsessed with making simple “bowl” meals. Check out one of my favorite ones that only need a few ingredients.
Quick Vegetarian Rice Bowl
- Rice & Quinoa: Cook equal parts of quinoa and rice in rice cooker with equal parts of water
- Mushrooms: Sauté mushrooms in a pan with coconut oil on med-high heat. Once tender add 2-3 tablespoon of coconut amino and lower heat to simmer for 2-4 mins.
- Avocado: Cut and remove seed of avocado. Add to bowl. Add juice of one small lime on top of an avocado and slightly smash together.
Add everything together in a bowl and enjoy!